Sunday, April 25, 2010

Project #8- Teach someone using Technology

Okay so my mother has discovered a whole new world... Facebook- haha. I have taught her how to upload pics of Annabelle ( my daughter ), and how to look up people on Facebook, and to chat. She keeps in touch with all her sisters in new jersey, Arkansas, and Mississippi. My mother didn't even know how to turn ON the computer when we started this little project of gathering friends and social networking. She can now boot up the computer, log in, connect to the internet, use her "new" email account on gmail--- I'm copying your strategy Dr. Strange :) She also types the church bulletin--- and has found Google docs to be a great thing to use for it. She types a draft and sends a copy to the church staff and they add whatever they need and then she prints it out- easy as 1-2-3. She said she was scared and a little intimidated by the computer to begin with, but now she loves it! I'm going to give her my laptop and I'm getting a MAC!!! yay! She's excited and so am I... I should so get an A in this class because you talked me into getting a MAC Dr. Strange. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment