Monday, April 26, 2010

Post for April 25


Sorry guys had a debilitating retinal migraine last night and couldn't read the computer screen sooo... I'm writing this morning with "new eyes" HAHA.

OH MY! what a great PLN. I didn't even have a computer or much access to one in the 7th grade. We were still only playing Oregon trail in computer lab at the library. I wonder if i can find that somewhere... even my six year old would say "this game is sooo sloooow". I've just this year learned what "PLN" even means (Personal learning Network). I'm so happy that my daughter will have so many more opportunities for learning and to excel than we did i can't wait to be able to show her everything I've learned. Although, I'm sure she will be teaching me when the time comes.

2 Questions:

1: My sentence: "If you can't say something nice, don't say anything at all". I say that to Annabelle all the time, but... I also say it in my head to myself a lot too... because I have a tendency to say things I probably shouldn't about people. I usually say out loud exactly what I'm thinking.. which is NOT a good quality. So, I'm working on it. I've heard this sentence my whole life, the first time was when I watched Bambi. Thumper says this when he only wants to eat the blossoms and not the greens. Which is kind of like people are today. You only want to focus on the good things and point out the bad. When I watched this again with my little girl about three years ago, we began saying it. So, now I try to remind myself of this. Believe me it's hard when you are as opinionated as myself.

2: Am I better today than I was yesterday?
Duh. I know more, I've learned more, I've experienced more. Yes of course I am better today than yesterday-

Thank you and good day!

No comments:

Post a Comment