Sunday, March 7, 2010

posts for 3/7

Randy Pausch

Honestly, I thought this would be incredibly boring-but I wasn't. I was a little uplifted and inspired by it, thanks for this one Dr. Strange :) He talked about wanting to reach our goals. he talked about his goals, and how he set out to achieve them. He says that parents and the people we look up to are who actually get us there.

When you set a goal, work toward it, and succeed at it. You know you've reached the "grown-up" place. haha


Comments4kids

I had a little girl to comment on this week named Diana D. She wrote a poem about a lost dog, it kind of made me sad. Well, it did make me sad. The poem was about a dog named Toby. My boyfriend lost a golden retriever named Toby about 3 years ago, and he is still sensitive about him. I'm extremely close to the Golden retriever we have now, his name is Tanner. I get teary eyed just thinking of him not being around...no none to greet me with a kiss at the door, no colar jingling down the hallway, no one following you everywhere or laying all over you on the sofa. I'm going to miss that, I'm going to miss him. He's nine years old, so he doesn't have too much longer, and I don't even want to think about it. He my very first pet. I've never been close to one and never lost one. I'm sad that I won't have him forever, but he has really made my life, the years that he has been in it.

3 comments:

  1. Brooksy,

    I was interested as well once I started watching the "Last Lecture" with Mr. Pausch. I really enjoyed the video. I enjoyed listening to Mr. Pausch about how he lived out his childhood dreams. We as teachers need to help our students to accomplish their dreams as well. Very inspiring video.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think the Last Lecture of Randy Pausch is one of the most compelling discussions of what education should be like. It is also powerfully moving emotionally.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This was probably the best assignment given! I loved this video and was skeptical about it at first because of its length. I am so glad that I watched the whole thing and found it very uplifting as well. I like the quote in your post from his video as well!

    ReplyDelete