Wednesday, February 17, 2010

week 4 comments

WIKIPEDIA

WHAT?! Wikipedia...not reliable... hahaha. I thinks it is nice to be able to know who is changing the facts about themselves or their companies, you know "just so we know". It sounds to me like Wikipedia is going downhill on the "reliability roller coaster" fast at this point. I wouldn't trust them as a valid source right now...at least not until they get their facts straight.

WHAT I LEARNED THIS YEAR

This is so great. Children should definitely be able to express themselves and their little experiences. I know they may seem trivial to us sometimes, but it isn't to them. I have a five year old, where she sits at school or whether she got to be the "busy bee" for the teacher can make or break her week. So, I try to pay a lot of attention and plan on doing that in my classroom as well.

3 comments:

  1. I agree about the whole wikipedia thing. Honestly, for a while I did not know that people could change the information and write what they wanted. I ACTUALLY thought it was reliable and all true. But once I realized this, I no longer even click on anything with 'Wikipdia' in it. Deinitely not reliable.

    ReplyDelete
  2. If your brain is on and your eyes open Wikipedia can be very useful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How are you supposed to know what to trust or what not to trust when it comes to wikipedia?

    ReplyDelete