Sunday, January 31, 2010

Posts for Jan 31- media literacy etc.

Miss Cassidy's 1st grade:

I love that she told the children to always say positive things! Also I like that she taught them how to be safe on the Internet. I think I should start working with my daughter on the computer so she can be ready for first grade! ha-ha. I hope that her school will offer as much opportunity to the students as Miss Cassidy's does. I am certain that i will take a proactive approach to this in my classroom. How inspiring!

PODCASTS

I really enjoyed the podcasts that had no background noise--- I can't deal with the static. I lose concentration and try to figure out whats going on with the people in the background, very annoying. Although, the speakers had some very good things to say, I couldn't wrap my mind around it for the dishes clanking and the drive-through lady!

I prefer to have a clear, no static, no echo podcast. I enjoyed the music intro on some of the pod casts, this kind of got me pumped up and excited to see what they were going to say. The ones that didn't have music, I wasn't as interested in at the beginning.

The drive through was the worst, besides the one in the Italian restaurant. He could have paused the recorder or muted it while he was talking to the girl, I don't care what he's eating or drinking and whether he is having Italian wedding soup or whole grain pasta and tomato! That has nothing to do with why I would be listening to his podcast. Throw me a bone here... that's wasting my time, not to mention I HATE the drive-through, especially when people are on cell phones, they take extra long. So, when he said at the beginning he was in the drive-through, I was predestined to bomb his podcast.

All in all, I like intro music and very clear, to the point, podcasts that don't waste my time with useless banter.

2 comments:

  1. I totally agree. If I'm going to listen to a podcast stop the useless banter about what they did that week and cut to the chase. I want information. That's why I liked the podcast Stuff
    We Need to Know. It would give information about random stuff like one show would be about organ donation but they got to the information quickly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You will soon have your chance to create the best podcast ever - well for the first try. Plan, Prepare, Practice!

    ReplyDelete